WELCOME TO OUR TRUST
Thank you for your interest in Areté Learning Trust. I hope that you find the information contained on this site helpful. We are a relatively new trust, established when Stokesley School converted to academy status in April 2015. Since then we have been joined by Richmond School and Northallerton School. In an educational climate in which there is so much volatility and change, we wanted to ensure we could secure our future, stay true to our values and work with others who are similarly committed to helping all young people, whatever their starting point, to be the best they can be.
Catherine Brooker, CEO, Areté Learning Trust
THE LATEST TRUST NEWS
02 Sept 2019 | Northallerton School
£8.7 million investment as Northallerton School and Sixth Form joins Academy Trust
As Areté Learning Trust welcomes Northallerton School and Sixth Form College to its family of schools, we are delighted to announce confirmation of nearly nine million pounds of government investment for redevelopment of the school sites.
ARETÉ LEARNING TRUST AIMS
Every Academy within the Trust will have its own unique values and ethos but must be committed to the overarching principle of “Being the best we can be”, the mission statement of Areté Learning Trust (ALT), which will underpin the work of all ALT Academies. This is rooted in the shared belief that every child, whatever his or her circumstances and starting point, has unique skills and qualities and given the support, encouragement, opportunity and challenge to achieve, can do so. It is the commitment of the trust to create a context for all children and young people to thrive, academically, personally and socially, so that they experience the real joy of learning.
BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE.JOIN OUR TRUST.
Our dedicated team will guide you through the process to ensure a smooth transition.
High aspiration and expectation for all students
Our examination results consistently place us as one of the highest-performing secondary school trusts across Yorkshire and the North East.
2019 Results Headlines
- Pass rates at both A Level and GCSE remain high
- Significant increase in the number of students achieving highest Grade 9 at GCSE
- Level 3 vocational students achieved strong outcomes
- English, Maths and Science results at GCSE were very strong
- Good progress made by students at both A Level and GCSE
- 99.3% of students gained grades A*-E in their A Levels
- 65% of Level 3 vocational grades achieved Distinction* or Distinction
- Good progress and outcomes in English and Maths
- Languages and Humanities continue to achieve excellent GCSE results
- Strong A Level results
- 56.3% gained grades A*-B across their subjects
- 99.6% gained grades A*-E across all their subjects
- Improved GCSE results
- Science particularly strong