WELCOME TO OUR TRUST
Thank you for your interest in the Areté Learning Trust. I hope that you find the information contained on this site helpful. We are a trust established when Stokesley School converted to academy status in April 2015. Since then we have been joined by Richmond School and Northallerton School. In an educational climate where things are constantly changing, we want to innovate, collaborate, stay true to our values and work with others who are similarly committed to helping all young people, whatever their starting point, to be the best they can be. We always put our learners first, and have a deep commitment to developing our team through top quality CPD and staff development opportunities, through cross trust collaboration, and collaboration on a regional and national level. The core aim of the Areté Learning Trust is to give children and young people from all backgrounds an outstanding education. In doing so, they will acquire the values, skills, knowledge and understanding to prepare them for the next step in life. Our ethos is based upon a fully inclusive approach to education, high expectations, a clear focus on outstanding teaching and learning and making sure that we meet the needs of every learner and fulfil their potential. We are determined to be at the forefront of the pursuit of excellence in education, and welcome any collaboration which will support us in this endeavour.
Richard Crane CEO, Areté Learning Trust
ARETÉ LEARNING TRUST AIMS
Every Academy within the Trust will have its own unique values and ethos but must be committed to the overarching principle of “Being the best we can be”, the mission statement of Areté Learning Trust (ALT), which will underpin the work of all ALT Academies. This is rooted in the shared belief that every child, whatever his or her circumstances and starting point, has unique skills and qualities and given the support, encouragement, opportunity and challenge to achieve, can do so. It is the commitment of the trust to create a context for all children and young people to thrive, academically, personally and socially, so that they experience the real joy of learning.
BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE.JOIN OUR TRUST.
Our dedicated team will guide you through the process to ensure a smooth transition.
High aspiration and expectation for all students
Our examination results consistently place us as one of the highest-performing secondary school trusts across Yorkshire and the North East.
2019 Results Headlines
- Pass rates at both A Level and GCSE remain high
- Significant increase in the number of students achieving highest Grade 9 at GCSE
- Level 3 vocational students achieved strong outcomes
- English, Maths and Science results at GCSE were very strong
- Good progress made by students at both A Level and GCSE
- 99.3% of students gained grades A*-E in their A Levels
- 65% of Level 3 vocational grades achieved Distinction* or Distinction
- Good progress and outcomes in English and Maths
- Languages and Humanities continue to achieve excellent GCSE results
- Strong A Level results
- 56.3% gained grades A*-B across their subjects
- 99.6% gained grades A*-E across all their subjects
- Improved GCSE results
- Science particularly strong