TO SCHOOL LEADERS, GOVERNORS, BUSINESS PARTNERS AND PARENTS
AN INTRODUCTION FROM OUR CEO
Thank you for your interest in Areté Learning Trust. I hope that you find the information contained on this site helpful. We are a relatively new trust, established when Stokesley School converted to academy status in April 2015. Since then we have been joined by Richmond School and Northallerton School. In an educational climate in which there is so much volatility and change, we wanted to ensure we could secure our future, stay true to our values and work with others who are similarly committed to helping all young people, whatever their starting point, to be the best they can be.
Richard Crane, CEO, Areté Learning Trust
AS ALT EDUCATIONAL LEADERS WE ENSURE THAT
- We prioritise the needs of children not the system
- We use performance data to improve the life chances of children, not to score points in league tables
- We recognise the value of rich learning experiences, including those not the current focus of Ofsted inspectors or political ideology
- Our academies are characterised by values including hope, kindness, generosity of spirit and compassion, not punishment and control
- Children learn to love learning, not just focus on results
- We serve local communities
- Children’s family circumstances can sometimes make learning extremely difficult but must never be a barrier to aspiration
- A child’s postcode should not determine his/her future and, whatever their starting point, we should have high expectations of them all
- We accept the responsibility to collaborate and work in partnership with other schools, especially those who are in need of support
- We don’t fall back on a “one size fits all” approach to learning
- We value and develop our staff to enable them to get the best out of our students
OUR FIVE PILLARS FOR SUCCESS
Students, whose achievement places their school in the top quintile of similar schools, who go on to the best universities or training with reputable employers and are positive role models for aspiring students and in their community.
Staff, for whom we are the employer of choice, providing a great place in which to work and an environment where they can develop as exemplary professionals.
Parents / Carers
Parents and Carers, who are confident that ALT academies are committed to meeting their children’s individual needs and foster aspiration as well as academic, moral, personal and social development and for whom an ALT academy is the natural choice with whom to entrust the education and care of their children.
The Local Community, which respects and supports their local ALT academy which recognises the unique characteristics of the area and draws upon them to improve outcomes locally, regionally, nationally and globally.
Partnerships with external agencies, including service providers, businesses, employers and other local stakeholders to enhance students’ learning and development.
BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE.JOIN OUR TRUST.
Our dedicated team will guide you through the process to ensure a smooth transition.